Patients on regular medication will require a repeat prescription which will be sent electronically to your chosen pharmacy.
Requests are not taken over the telephone for reasons of safety.
Use the NHS App
Steyning Medical Practice would like to invite you to use The NHS App
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
The simplest and quickest way to order your repeat medication is by using the NHS App which links directly to your Prescription record at the Practice.
Order Online with SystmOnline
You can order your repeat prescription online using SystmOnline
You can order your repeat prescription online using SystmOnline.
The system remembers which medications you are on and makes requesting repeat prescriptions faster and easier.
Your Local Pharmacy
Pharmacies offer a prescription collection service from our Practice
Pharmacy Ordering / Collection Service
Your pharmacy can also order your medication on your behalf. This saves you time and unnecessary visits to the Practice. Please contact the Pharmacy of your choice for more information if you wish to use this service.
You can order in person by returning the right-hand half of a previous prescription for the required medications
Alternatively, you can submit a handwritten request. You may also write out an order for someone else, providing you include the patient's name and date of birth and requested medication.
You can post your prescription slip or written request to us at the Practice
You must include a stamped addressed envelope for return by post if you will not be able to pick up your prescription from the Surgery. Please allow at least seven days if requesting your medication by post.
- Please allow 5 working days for prescriptions to be processed.
- Please request your repeat medication ahead of time allowing for time to process.
- If you are travelling on holiday and require your medication early, please make the Prescribing Team aware of this. Please also request this ahead of time to enable time to process before your date of travel.
- In line with NHS Sussex recommendations, most repeat medications are prescribed for 28 days.
- All prescriptions are produced electronically and will automatically be sent to your chosen pharmacy. We are therefore no longer able to print paper prescriptions.
- A note may appear on your repeat medication slip advising that your medication needs a review. Please look out for this and contact the Surgery to arrange this review.
If you, or someone you care for, use the same medicines regularly, you may be able to benefit from repeat dispensing from your pharmacist. This means you won't have to visit the surgery every time you need more medicines.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.